How It Works
Normal broadband works via your phone cables. The further you are from the phone exchange, the slower the connection. Sometimes you can be so far away that you can't even get broadband at all, and have to use an old fashioned dial up modem. You could of course use a mobile dongle, but apart from being expensive, the signals tend to be poor in the same rural areas than broadband doesn't work.
Satellite Internet access from Broadband Everywhwere is the answer. It's ideal for rural Internet users who want broadband access and it doesn't use phone lines or mobile networks, but instead uses a satellite dish for two-way (upload and download) communication.
The most recent Satellite lauched offers speed comparable with very good phone line based broadband - of up to 20Mbps. That's enough speed for several people in the house to be watching iPlayer - in HD - at the same time.
Two-way satellite Internet consists of:
- A special two-way satellite dish - slightly bigger than a Sky dish
- A satellite modem attached to your computer or WiFi router
- A clear view to the southern sky - if you've already got Sky or Freesat TV, you'll have this
This is not the satellite-Internet service of yesterday that you may have heard of, that needed you to have a dial-up modem for the information you send to the Internet, this is a true two-way system.
Can I Get It?
To check the direction of the Broadband Everywhere satellite click on the link below. All you need to do is put your postcode in the 'Your Location' box and click 'Go' and the direction will be shown.
To see the Broadband Everywhere coverage click on the link below.
Earn yourself £10
Yes! Earn £10 for simply recommending a friend. Sign up here and everyone who uses your "friend code" will earn you £10 off your next subscription!
- Always-on two-way satellite connectivity
- Maximum download speed of up to 20 Mbit/s
- Maximum upload speed of up to 2 Mbit/s
- Static UK IP Address
- Free internet security software
- TCP enhancement and pre-fetching for faster page loading
- Rain fade countermeasures
- Ethernet 10/100 baseT modem connection
- Compact 75cm dish
- Combined LNB and transmitter